Tuesday, October 26, 2010

There's a difference between cussing & swearing?

Whenever I need to look up a word, I pop on over to dictionary.com. Well, one day this header caught my eye and welcoming the distraction I clicked it. It shoots me over to a blog called The Hot Word. Being the curious person that I am and a fan of totally weird and bizarre facts, I find it fascinating. I was completely sucked in by all the off-the-wall headers.

Bleep! What’s the difference between cussing, swearing, and cursing?
Want to meet two extinct letters of the alphabet? Learn what “thorn” and “wynn” sounded like
Why is “dog” one of the great mysteries of the English language?
The “Taser” is a serious weapon, but what the name stands for may puzzle you
What's even better than the answers are the comments posted by every type of person under the sun. Words are hot button issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment