Sunday, December 5, 2010

Digital Doodles

Wow, it seems that a few people had something to say about cursive writing. I would say the vote is that cursive should still be taught in schools.

But what about books?

With the explosion of the digital age, ebooks or etextbooks are much more common. You don't have to haul around 35 lbs. of books as you hike across campus. You don't have to worry about getting that crappy used copy, although much cheaper, that somebody doodled to death and used every color highlighter known to humankind. You get a perfect copy that you can access digitally.

Yeah, you can sometimes type notes in the margins and user a highlighter function. Yeah, you don't have all that dead weight. But call me old fashioned, I like a copy that I can hold in my hands. I'm a tactial doodler who likes to handwrite my notes. Whenever I have a reading assignment that's accessed online, I always find myself wanting to print it. I find it easier to whip out a few pieces of paper from my bag that I can read anywhere. So what are your thoughts on the subject?

No comments:

Post a Comment